As one of the most lively resorts in Thailand, Pattaya is famous for its diverse range of events that happen in this great seaside city. Everything from music to fireworks, and Pattaya Events feature everything that is coming up in and around Pattaya.
Bangkok Bank Cyclefest
The cycling extravaganza takes place on the 24th and 25th of November 2018 and takes place through the ministry of Siam Country Club in Pattaya.
The ride at this auspicious event will be a highly challenging one, but as the organisers have stated will be manageable.
The route starts and finishes at the Festival Village which will be set up in the grounds of Siam Country Club in East Pattaya.
The course has been specifically designed for its beauty and of course its rate of difficulty.
And the one lap Cyclefest Course is as below:
- Course Description – 1 lap
- Start at the Museum car park, proceed along Pomprapanimit Road to a U- turn then back along Pomprapanimit Road
- Right turn along Pomprapanimit 40
- Right turn before Plantation Golf Course
- Downhill to a left turn into Tesabal Road 1 Soi 43
- After 900m U-turn back to take a left turn onto Pomprapanimit Road
- From there – you’ll be on a direct course to the next lap or the finish line
Festival Village plays a big part in the success of Bangkok Bank Cyclefest, as well as the great cycling over two days there is an amazing village for competitors and spectators to hang out.
There will be fun and frolics including games and places to eat and drink, perhaps enjoy a coffee, or a well deserved massage.
The weekend will feature many different categories of events such as:
- Cyclefest Masters – open for cyclists of 45 years and above. It takes in four laps of racing which is 62km of fast racing.
- Cyclefest Open – Anybody over 18 can compete in this closed road circuit which is 62km long. This race is set to be Thailand’s number one cycling event.
- Cyclefest Classic – A shorter distance of 46.5km on a closed road course. Riders 18 and over are welcome.
- Pattaya Sprint – Riders from 16 onwards can enjoy the Pattaya Sprint where the 31km is contested on a closed road circuit.
- Off Road – A compelling race over a 40km distance is for riders 18 and above. The course is two laps of an off road circuit.
- Fun Ride – Anybody is welcome in this 12km race for 8 year olds and above. It is a completely non-timed fun race for the whole family.
- Cyclefest Team Time Trial – Teams of five riders try to put down their best times over 3 laps. The time is calculated by the first four riders of the team that cross the finish line.
The Bangkok Bank Cyclefest is going to prove yet another smash event, and will provide great cycling over a two day period in sunny Pattaya.