Here at Pattaya Events we bring you the happening concerts, events, sporting occasions, and just about everything and anything that is happening in and around Pattaya.
On July 16th 2017 the Pattaya Marathon will be taking place. The Pattaya Marathon is an international event attracting runners from all over the world as well as hundreds of local runners. The event normally starts early in the morning as to avoid the heat.
The marathon is also known as the King’s Cup marathon is a 42km race around the streets of Pattaya City.
Apart from the big race there are 4 other events:
- Wheelchair Marathon – 42km
- Half Marathon – 21km
- Quarter Marathon – 10.5km
- Student Run (Boys & Girls) – 3.5km
The King’s Cup marathon is a big occasion and a renowned race among serious runners, and is loved the most of all Pattaya running events. Not only do Thai athletes take place, but runners from all over the globe flock to the seaside city to compete.
If you are interested in competing in the race then you can register online Pattaya Marathon or phone for information at 038253127,. Remember this is a highly popular event so don’t delay in your registration.
Top Tips To Prepare For A Marathon
Once you have completed your essential gruelling training for a marathon there are many factors that you have to prepare for on the big day.
- Take on carbs – Carbo-loading is very important your body needs fuel for four hours of exercise.
- Drink plenty of water – Stay hydrated, check your urine, if it is clear it has plenty of water, if it is dark then there are too many impurities in your body. Avoid drinking alcohol a few days before the race as this will cause dehydration.
- Take rest – Before your big run take plenty of rest two or three days beforehand and cut right back on your running.
- Do not get too stressed before the race – If you are getting too stressed out then take a slow jog for ten minutes or so. This will get you into the right frame of mind and relax the body.
- Manage your time – The last thing you want is to be scurrying around on the morning of the race trying to find all your kit and your days belongings. Prepare in advance, it is one less thing to have to think about.
- Study the route – Be familiar with the course, look at the terrain and judge your pace accordingly to areas that might need more energy.
- Get a good night’s sleep – Retire early the night before, drink a hot cup of milk and try not to do any activity that keeps your brain alive such as watching action movies, or crosswords.
Pattaya King’s Cup is a marvellous occasion for competitors and spectators alive, it brings a festival feeling to the streets of Pattaya that the whole family can enjoy.
If you are thinking of visiting Pattaya in the near future then keep abreast of our blog pages to see what is happening.